Monday, May 5, 2014

Ferry Trip to San Francisco-April 29, 2014

In anticipation of returning to work I told GK I wanted to take the ferry from Jack London Square to the Ferry Building and have lunch at the very vegan friendly Plant Cafe. I dressed T in her nautical attire for her first boat ride but the weather was unusually warm that she didn't even need her jacket with the little white anchors on it. I know-first world baby problems. We spent the trip to SF on the back of the ferry chatting with other commuters.
Here's T holding onto me for dear life as we pass the infamous cranes in Oakland.
And under the Bay Bridge we go. Beautifully clear day as we approach the Ferry Building.
I thought for a quick second I might be able to get T to nap on the ferry but she was way too excited to cooperate.
We sat outsude at Plant Cafe and I had what is probably the best veggie burger-they make it with beets so it has this great deep pink color. My burger came with kraut, avocado, and veggie aioli sauce. That's carrot, beet, & ginger juice in the back. Happily stuffed we decided to take T on a little stroll before heading back to Oaklnd.
We rolled T along the public pier on the Embarcadero soaking in the sun. T finally decided it was time to take a nap but that only lasted until we got on the ferry.
Since she appeared to have a second wind and one can never start happy hour too early, T decided to ditch her pants and join us at the Last Chance Saloon in Jack London Square for a beer. T opted for breastmilk which she promptly spit up all over my black dress. Here she is above being kind to GK.

A great way to spend the last day of my maternity leave!






No comments:

Post a Comment