Saturday, June 28, 2014

Mother's Day

My mom once told me that we could forget her birthday or a gift at Christmas but we were never to forget Mother's Day because in her words-"I earned it." After 40 hours of labor with no pain meds and exclusively breastfeeding T-I too can say, I earned this day. GK and T did not disappoint-Mother's Day started with them taking a trip to the 24 hour Safeway while I slept in but not before he made me a latte. GK later told me that he walked up and down the aisles with T in the shopping cart nodding to all the other dads with their kids buyingbreakfast  ingredients, flowers, etc.
And here I am well rested for my first Mother's Day breakfast but not before T had her morning snack. GK made me a delicious savory tofu scramble with greens, Field Roast, avocado, and toast.
Exhausted, GK & T returned to bed to nap the rest of the morning which was almost as good as me sleeping in. I showered, did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, and generally just straightened up around the house. 
Why is T so happy you ask? Because we're at the happiest place on earth! Timeless Cafe for my Mother's day gift.
A vegan tiramisu cake that was intended for me and G-Ro. Bad idea. Very bad idea. I pretty much ate the whole thing in about 3 days. GK took G-Ro out for a special Mother's Day lunch later that week to make up for me eating her share of the cake.
After picking up that piece of heaven we drove to Piedmont Park to enjoy the great weather. We thought  T might like a little fun in the baby swing. We were wrong so we moved to the shade and just relaxed.
T loving on GK despite his crossing guard attire.
Doing one of the most satisfying things a mom can do-putting her baby to sleep. After the park we spent the rest of our daay just relaxing at home and eating cake.
My beautiful flowers to remind me just how lucky I am to have earned T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment