Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fit Mama Maternity Running Skirt

While I had been running in my regular running shorts and a tennis skirt for the past 6 months of my pregnancy, I'm not gonna lie-it was starting to get uncomfortable. Since I'm registered to run a half marathon when I'll be well into my third trimester, I decided it was time to purchase some proper gear. After a reasonable search on the internet I found the Fit Mama Maternity Running Skirt at www.runningskirts.com. While I was actually looking for a pair of shorts, I was immediately sold on the versatility of the skirt. You can adjust the band to fit your needs-double or single fold so the waistband sits just below the belly or as you get bigger, pull the band to cover your entire belly.


The skirt arrived just in time for my maiden voyage along the Bay Bridge Trail across the recently opened eastern span. I loved the thick, sturdy material and found that double folding it to sit about halfway up my belly to be the most comfortable way to wear it for now. Underneath the skirt are very comfortable compression-like shorts that help prevent chaffing. Depending on how you wear the skirt-the length of the waistband will allow you to continue wearing your regular shirts. While my shirt rode up a bit-I never flashed anyone.
What a difference the right gear makes. I should have made this purchase two months ago. I also recently wore the skirt on a moderate 6.7 mile hike and it passed with flying colors. Because of the durability of the fabric-I think this skirt will also work well post delivery.
 (September 8, 2013)
Almost 27 weeks and 9 miles later!

The Fit Mama Running Skirt was a reasonable $48.00 and with taxes & shipping I ended up paying a total of $60.00. Because I've obtained the majority of my maternity clothes second hand from friends-this purchase was an easy justification considering that I've been able to maintain a modest amount of activity during my pregnancy. I highly recommend this skirt-there are multiple fun designs to choose from and if you look just hard enough-a few sale items.

1 comment:

  1. Right on, Bonnie! You are a true inspiration for many reasons, but running while pregnant is definitely a big one. Go mama!

    ReplyDelete