Thursday, February 27, 2014

Surprise Winters Trip-February 13-14, 2014

My anniversary with GK is on Valentine's Day which is nice because we basically kill two birds with one stone every year. This year GK told me that he was surprising me and to get ready for an overnight trip. T's first! 
One of the great things about traveling with an infant is that they sleep especially well in the car. T fell asleep as soon as we left Berkeley, through a leisurely coffee stop in Fairfield and the rest of the ride up to the surprise location-Winters! Of course she woke up as soon as my lunch was served and I had to feed her while GK spoon fed me chili and I sneaked few sips of wine. Afterward we walked across the street to the park for a public diaper change and some cuddles.
Then we went for a walk through the small but quaint downtown area. GK was particularly intrigued by the hook pictured above on the side of a building that was/is used for tying up your horse. 
T enjoyed her walk until she reailzed-OMG-I lost my Ugg!
We franctically searched for it in all the stores we had visited and I thought it was lost forever until we saw it waiting for us on a bench. Bless the good samaritans of Winters who have no use for a single baby Ugg.
After our walk we checked into our Bed & Breakfast that was just a few blocks from the downtown area. Any anxiety I had about staying at a B&B waas eliminated when I found out we were the only guests.
The downstairs area complete with electric fire place controlled by remote.
Our bedroom.
The B&B not only had good quality trashy magaznes that rivaled my favorite nail shop-but they were current.
T & GK playing before our pre-dinner walk.
Just in time for the sunset.
Winters is a cute agricultural town that has wineries, tasting rooms, cafes, art galleries but at the same time has maintined its architectural charm.
We had dinner at the Putah Creek Cafe. Our friends (and my coworkers), Noel & Alina, joined us which allowed me to get caught up on the office gossip. This was supposed to be a surprise but in his excitement-GK accidentally told me they were coming. T had a difficult time atthe restaurant starting pretty much the moment we arrived. So she spent the majority of the meal attached to my chest while I ate with one hand. Sadly this signaled the demise of even casually going out to eat with T.
My fire roasted pizza.
T slept like a champ in her Rock & Play that night. In the morning I bundled up T and took her on a walk to get coffee. When we returned  to the B&B the innkeeper had started breakfast. Pictured above was the vegan option-quinoa oatmeal with walnuts, fresh fruit, and stewed kumquats.
After breakfast we took advantage of the large tub with jets and took T for a float and photoshoot.
Since the next day was Valentines Day-we dressed T appropriately in an outfit from Soumya. It lasted about 3 hours until she required a wardrobe change in the Target parking lot on our way homethat somehow also resulted in T peeing all over the backseat of my car.
Our first family portrait.
On our drive back to the Bay Area GK stopped to snap a few pics at the dam. All in all this was a relaxing, successful out of town trip with T. Winters was a great weekend or even day trip from Berkeley and we plan to check it out this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment