Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Two Months!

I can't believe just how fast 2 months have gone by. So much that I'm just now completing T's 2 month post at 11 weeks. So let's back up a bit and recap weeks 4 through 8.
T at just a few days old in her polar bear suit compared to 8 weeks old in the exact same outfit. Initially I thought it was just her head that was growing in size but nope-at her 8 week pediatric appointment T weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs., 7.9 oz. This still places her under the 3rd percentile on the growth chart but the doctor isn't worried as T's weight gain has been steady since she was 3 weeks old. T measures in at 22.5 inches placing her at the 50th percentile. Doctor says she's long and lean so it's official-we created a super model.
One of my favorite things about T's weight gain is that she is starting to fit into her 3-month clothing. It's like an endless fashion show of different animal prints, jumpers, baby boots, and crazy head pieces. Above she is wearing one of my favorite fascinators looking uber serious. Just like a model.
Since the polar vortex has left us-we've been venturing outside daily. T loves being pushed around in her stroller or walking through our neighborhood  in one of her many carriers. Here she is at the weekly South Berkeley Organic Farmer's Market searching for kale and brussel sprouts.
T also made it out to Walnut Creek to brunch with the Nath sisters (Soumya and T pictured above) and Vivek at Tender Greens. Afterwards we kept the party going on Lark Creek Cafe's patio with champagne cocktails. 
T spends her mornings exercising with GK. She propped herself up on his chest with her little elbows bent all by herself. I'm still amazed at this feat every time I look at the picture due to the enormous size of her head compared to her scrawny little arms.
Just another adorable pic of T.
The best thing about 2 months? Smiling. I hate to say it but during the first month or so-babies don't really give back that much. Not that I expected T to entertain me. But when they start interacting with you (i.e.-smiling), it's really quite satisfying-I get this feeling that I'm actually doing something right. Of course to coax a smile out of T at first took great effort-acting like an utter fool but it's completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment