Sunday, April 20, 2014

My 39th Birthday-March 14, 2014

Planning the celebration for my 39th birthday was easy. While my twin was partying it up in Barcelona this year-I decided that there was no other place I'd rather be than in Concord. I told G-Ro that we (me, GK & T) planned to spend the night at her house and provided both a dinner and breakfast menu for the meals I wanted. Then I told GK not only what kind of cake I wanted but were to order it from. See? I'm super easy when it comes to my birthday.
GK started out my birthday in the best way possible-by taking T on a long walk that allowed me to sleep in until 10am. I felt like I slept so long that I actually missed them when I woke up. Then it was brunch at Herbivore where T was on her best behavior and allowed us to eat our entire meal before asking to be picked up. 
Then we headed to Concord where the weather was beautiful. T ditched her dress on the backyard deck and made a Happy Birthday video for Uncle Joe complete with background music from 50 Cent.
Uncle Anthony joined us for dinner and he actually held T for the first time. Uncle Anthony said this was because he was waiting for T to get past the tiny, fragile stage. It took a while.
Unfortunately GK didn't catch any shots of the dinner which included: baguette with cashew cheese, baked tomato linguine, and mixed green salad with G-Ro's signture dressing. For dessert GK ordered a tiramisu cake from Timeless Cafe. This is by far my favorite bakery and favorite cake flavor from them. I ate it in just two days.
Gifts from GK-a 12 cup coffee maker that can start on a timer and a milk foamer. The two-cup maker we had just wasn't cutting it. We are currently in latte heaven.
After sleeping in we took T on a walk at Newell Park-one of my favorite places while growing up in Concord. We started with the hike up to the Concord Vietnam Memorial.
It was a perfect almost-spring day. Here's a semi-view of the home I grew up in (you can see my car parked under the tree).
GK with T.
One of the many beautiful oak trees there.

After our hike-we returned home to strawberry french toast and coconut whipped cream. Again-forgot to take pictures but it was absolutely everything I had dreamed it would be.
The we hurried to get ready to return to Berkeley for our photo session-a Xmas gift from GK. T put on one of her prettiest dresses that G-Ro bought her.
And of course a picture with G-Ro and Grand Pappy was warranted.
A lovely birthday that turned out just the way I had hoped it would. 








No comments:

Post a Comment