Sunday, August 25, 2013

Alien Baby

 I had my 20-week ultrasound on July 23rd when I was exactly 20 weeks along. My favorite pic is the first one on your left-the one of her lying on her side with a very serious look on her face. Like an alien. A serious alien.
The two above are much more traditional but don't quite capture her personality like the alien portrait.

I have to give Kaiser credit. By the time I was back in the office I already had an email from my doctor who had received the good news from the radiologist that everything looked normal and that my due date was confirmed. 

Doesn't look like I'll get to have another ultrasound until somewhere around my due date unless I decide to pay our of pocket for a private 3D/4D one. These ultrasounds generally serve no medical purpose at all and are purely for entertainment. I have mixed feelings. I'm a bit cheap when it comes to giving in to the business of babies-so much stuff the industry will tell you that you need but you really don't. I say this with a certain sense of authority having worked in the Child Welfare field for 10+ years. I know that the only things you really need are a car seat, diapers, clothes, and a blanket or two. Everything else is really all about comfort and convenience. 

However-I got to thinking and confided in GK that what happens when she turns 7 and wants to know what she looked like in the womb? What if there's a show & tell at school where the kids bring their 3D/4D pictures to class to share and she has nothing? I'd hate to have to make up a lie in an attempt to conceal my love of saving money. So to put things into perspective-I thought about myself. I'd love if a 3D pic of myself and my twin existed while we were still in the womb. So we're 90% sure we're going to go forward with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment