Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Beginning...





I found out that I was pregnant on April 6, 2013 when I was only 4 weeks along. A visit to my doctor around week 8 confirmed the pregnancy. Because I am considered Advanced Maternal Age (AMA) I was offered and opted for genetic testing. This was done during week 12-right after we returned from a vacation to Hawaii. One perk (besides finding out if there are any chromosomal abnormalities) about having genetic testing completed is that you can also find out the gender. On June 12th I finally received my testing results and no problems were noted.

GK was a bit undecided if he wanted to know the gender, that it could be a nice surprise to wait until the birth but I think having a baby is surprise enough. I received my testing results by phone, said I absolutely wanted to know the gender, immediately texted him to let him know everything was fine and did he want to know the gender. Initially he replied, "no," but then about 3 hours later he texted indicating he did want to know but not over the phone. This was a work night for him and he did not plan to be home until 3am when I would be fast asleep. Elsie agreed to help me out.

While I understand that first and foremost you want a healthy child-I was also pretty vocal about wanting a girl and so was GK. I think for me this comes from having two brothers and longing for a sister. For GK-he has 1 niece (oldest) and 3 nephews so he felt it was time for another girl in his family. And the clothes are so much cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment