Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Few Firsts



Clearly having a baby has taken a toll on my blogging. That and a bunk laptop. For X-mas my twin surprised me with an iPad and I vowed to resume blogging. So when I'm not feeding Tala or trying to nap, my plan is to work on the blog and hopefully have a weekly update of everything Tala.

Below is  photo dump from my iPhone over the past few weeks. A highlight of sorts of some of our favorite moments over the last 8 weeks:
GK's first diaper change. OK-not really, this pic was taken maybe a few days in but you can't deny that the "save-me-mom" look on her little face is absolutely adorable.
Tala's first weigh-in! This pic was taken at Kaiser on day 3 and T chose the classic "scream my face off" look. While she weighed in at 6 lbs 5oz, she dropped to 5 lbs 14 oz which, since it's under 10%, is considered normal. It took her about 3 weeks (from her birth date) to return to her birth weight.
Tala's first manicure. GK takes this duty very seriously-hence the headlamp. I can't believe how incredibly fast baby's fingernails grow.
Tala's first stroll in the stroller around the neighborhood.
Tala's first brunch. I think she's a little over a week old in this pic. It had been incredibly cold (by CA standard so really only about 45 degrees during the day and maybe 32 at night) so we had been staying in and developed cabin fever. GK suggested brunch at Herbivore in Berkeley. I was a little nervous but T handled it like a champ. Since this pic was taken T has made appearances at: Saturn Cafe; Homeroom; Rudy's Can't Fail; Souley Vegan; Saysetha; Tender Greens; & Donut Farm.

Tala's first visit with Uncle Joe & Aunt Kavya who were visiting from Austin. They were all smitten with one another. Uncle Joe fancies himself a bit of a baby whisperer and takes great pride in assisting T with falling asleep.
Tala's first nap in the Pikkolo baby carrier. A huge thank you to J-Gil for this lifesaver!

Stay tuned-more adorableness to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment