Friday, January 31, 2014

G-Ro

Shortly after Tala arrived I asked my mom (Roberta) what she would like for T to call her. I grew up calling my parents by their first names-I cannot recall one instance where I ever referred to them as mom or dad. Understandably-I figured that my mom would not necessarily want to be called "Grandma," and thought it was important that GK and I start referring to her as whatever it is she wants to be called when we converse with Tala so when she starts speaking, there's no confusion or rush to figure out a name. Leave it to my mother to come up with a name that sounds like an upcoming rap artist. I introduce to you all: G-Ro.
G-Ro's 2nd visit with T at Kaiser in Walnut Creek before we were discharged home. G-Ro held T while GK was out washing the car and I was taking my last indulgent shower for weeks to come.
G-Ro takes advantage of any opportunity to hold T. The only thing that gets in the way of her holding T is having her morning coffee. Seriously. Here they are on Christmas in Concord with Uncle Joe & Aunt Kavya before opening gifts. No pressure bro.
Once T hit the four-week mark we decided to introduce a bottle. G-Ro exclaimed that bottle-feeding T was great fun and because it allows me to sleep a little longer when we spend the night-I happily oblige by pumping a bottle when we make our weekly trek for a day of laundry and an overnight visit that includes my fill of mind-numbing television.
We recently went on an outing to our favorite discount store in Concord-TJ Maxx. I needed some new designer sunglasses and jeans that don't, ahem, have an elastic panel at the top. Even though T has plenty of clothes (most she hasn't even worn yet because she's still so tiny), G-Ro headed to the baby aisle and proceeded to pick out the girliest of dresses she could find. Here's T showing off the goods in her Pac n' Play upon our return home. I'm not that crazy about the ruffles, bows, and overdose on pink but T looks pretty adorable. Plus G-Ro always makes me a vegetarian sandwich and tater tots when I visit so she is free to put whatever it is she wants on the kid.
G-Ro also defies gender roles at an early age. While at TJ Maxx she alerted me to the smart grey outit pictured above that is actually intended for boys. No worries, leave it to G-Ro to sew on a little pink ribbon just above the embroidered doggie's head on the cardigan perfectly customizing the ensemble for T. As you can see-T is loving her stylist.

Stay tuned for more posts regarding G-Ro's adventures with and fashion recommendations for T!

No comments:

Post a Comment