Friday, January 31, 2014

The First Month

Our first month with Tala was like the most intense dating session. We were around her constantly and the getting-to-know-you phase seemed endless. Friends told me to chersh this time as it will go by way too fast but I must admit I became a bit consumed with if she will ever sleep through the night and when will she stop nursing so often. I entered into each day trying to figure out when I could nap and take a shower. Luckily GK did not immediately return to work which probably allowed me more time to rest than other new moms. Breastfeeding also proved to be a bit challenging. T has no problem latching or retrieving enough milk-the issue was more one of my body adjusting and let me tell you-it got incredibly painful at times that I would dread feeding her. 

For X-mas I got GK an awesome camera and he has shown his appreciation by taking shots of me while I'm asleep. Surprisingly we both figured out that besides looking pissed off, T and I look alike when we're both asleep.
Here's a few more snapshots of some of GK's best pics taken with the new camera during the first four weeks:
This pic made it to my Facebook profile-love her little duck lips along with her Uncle Rico pose.
T is a good sport when it comes to having a camera shoved in her face at 3 in the morning.
GK had great fun one day setting up these contrast shots. T and GK's sunglasses above.
T's hands and GK's reading glasses.
T's toes and a dime.
T and GK's Chuck Taylors.
T's little but long foot.
GK holding T's hand.
And finally-our favorite one-month pic of T. We call this one, "Little Butt Thunder," as she was releasing a storm in her diaper when this pic was snapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment