Thursday, January 30, 2014

Karaoke Shark vs. Baby T

During my pregnancy I told GK that in order to get ready for parenting one must compare the challenge similar to preparing for war. More specifically-direct combat. GK was extremely anxious and excited to meet Tala as I got closer to my due date whereas I would have been fine stretching out my maternity leave and collecting state disability for as long as possible. I have to give GK credit-while there was definitely an adjustment period at the beginning, he has embraced parenthood with relative ease and joy.
Just a few days old, GK introduces T to her first culturally sensitive doll. 
Reporting from the battlefield-GK survives multiple cloth diaper changes and regularly assists T with maintenance of a clean butt.
Mornings at our house have turned into music maestro hour. After T's am nursing session GK takes over. This consists of burping, head/neck strengthening exercises, creative storytime, and-of course-music! GK discovered baby lullabyes of popular music on Spotify. Depeche Mode is currenty her fave-T typically responds by waving her arms around like a frantic orchestra conductor.
I discovered this post on Facebook after a particular draining night of multiple T awakenings and a refusal to go back to sleep after an early morning nursing session.
Everytime GK  fails to place a burp cloth on his shoulder-T gets him without fail.
GK loves the Pikkolo carrier. When I was pregnant he told me that he wanted to be able to wear T while walking Elsie-leash in one hand and latte in the other. So far the carrier has been primarily used around the house in an effort to get T to nap while watering his garden.
GK is an expert at naps and is mentoring T accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment