Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pre-Labor: December 1, 2013

I can't deny that the absolutely best thing about being pregnant is maternity leave. I know that I should be using the time to prepare for baby but that can mean so many different things. Like catching up with good friends, eating at all my favorite restaurants, and protesting the fur industry:
Union Square-November 29, 2013. Baby's first protest!

On Sunday-December 1, 2013 we headed out to the city to meet up with good friends and eat at Genki Ramen in the Richmond District. I know that after the baby arrives it will probably be a long time before I'm able to eat at Genki so I needed my fill. Genki is so amazing I question if the ramen in Japan is as good.
With my dear friend Scott after ramen was consumed.

We were all having such a good time we followed GK to the 500 Club in the Mission for karaoke.
George awesomely singing Cool Rider from Grease 2. Ash, Tia Claudia, and GK. 
When you can't drink alcohol and are hanging out at  bar-you have to find ways to entertain yourself and others.

The 500 Club holds some significance for me and GK as this is where we met. I've spent many a Sunday evening there drinking PBRs and (me) singing bad karaoke followed up with a french fry burrito at Los Coyotes afterward. Little did I know that this would be my last hurrah. At 4:30am I woke up with mild contractions. My first thought was that I felt a little cheated seeing that I wasn't due for another week. I had an appointment with my OB/Gyn at 11am that day so I wasn't too worried or excited as I know that this could be false labor and stop at any time. Of course after I showered and made it to Kaiser the pains stopped. My doctor said that while she could not predict when baby would arrive-this was a very good sign that I was progressing. I responded to this news by going out to lunch and taking an amazing long afternoon nap as I convinced myself that I would make it to my due date. What you want and what yo get are obviously totally different things as the contractions returned at 10pm and proved to be the real deal.

TBC......

No comments:

Post a Comment